Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Ke$ha - “Only Wanna Call You Maybe”
By request from Katherine.
SEE WHAT I MEAN
they’re even about the same subject more or less.
ETA: also, this part. CRJ: “Ripped jeans, skin was showing —” Ke$ha: “So?”
Y’know, part of me is tickled by this kinda thing, but the other part is like, “Duh, everyone, this is what pop music has been like since the 1950s. People don’t mash-up Muddy Waters songs with Robert Johnson songs and go, ‘THEY’RE THE SAAAME SOOOOONGGGG!’” But that’s also because the zeitgeist doesn’t care about Muddy Waters or Robert Johnson all that much (a neverending tragedy in itself).
Eh, that’s not really the intention. Of course lots of songs are “the same song” — but only some songs tickle you to combine ‘em! (I don’t think this is a great mash-up — not enough difference for interesting contrast.) But the point is more to satisfy an itch you get listening to one song or the other. You get the mental mash-up out of your head by making it a reality.
- girlboymusic likes this
- thehotflash reblogged this from cureforbedbugs and added:
- thehotflash likes this
- danilobortoli reblogged this from cureforbedbugs
- the20000 likes this
- moredragons likes this
- fivethousandwordsaday likes this
- andyhutchins likes this
- noaesthetic likes this
- kittenbento likes this
- dynamofire reblogged this from cureforbedbugs and added:
- jhermann likes this
- katherinestasaph reblogged this from dynamofire and added:
- cureforbedbugs reblogged this from dynamofire and added:
- ironstring likes this
- lugjabask likes this
- microphoneheartbeats likes this
- likeapairofbottlerockets likes this
- ourroyalcustomers likes this
- occupythedisco likes this
- hndrk likes this
- cureforbedbugs posted this