With Ashlee, songs came to me quickly and ferociously. Like they had been waiting for years to flow out of me. I buried my teen angst, broken heart, and longing for love in her first album. She was the perfect person to carry these pieces into the world. She was on a hit MTV show, and she was young and fearless. She was an embodiment of everything I wasn’t as a teenager. I was happy a piece of me was on her record.
—Kara DioGuardi, A Helluva High Note, pg. 87-88
Immediately after this, she discusses contemplating suing MTV over the way they completely cut her out of The Ashlee Simpson Show. (I found it pretty glaring when I watched The Ashlee Simpson Show several years later.)
Some days I think that I would react to the raw footage of studio sessions from Autobiography the way that ?uestlove reacted to getting the stems for Off the Wall.
- thew-i-l-dchild likes this
- inspiredbykaradioguardi reblogged this from cureforbedbugs
- inspiredbykaradioguardi likes this
- mootpoint likes this
- girlboymusic likes this
- strictlyalright likes this
- drake-mallard likes this
- screwrocknroll likes this
- occupythedisco likes this
- microphoneheartbeats reblogged this from cureforbedbugs
- cureforbedbugs posted this